ivory martivory martivory mart
ivory mart ivory mart ivory mart
about us
our products
shipping policy
contact us
ivory mart

Its origin to M/s Fakir Chand Raghunath Das - a firm established in 1857 by Late Lala Fakir Chandji.  He laid the foundation and started the business under the name and style of M/s Fakirchand Raghunath Dass. Located in the vicinity of the great mosque -Jama Masjid, this later came to be known as the Ivory Mart.

Lala Fakir Chandji's son Lala Raghunath later took over the reins of the organisation. A very hard working and dynamic personality, he earned himself the title of 'Kursi Nashin' in 1905. It was through his commitment and dedication that we rose to be one of the biggest emporiums in the country.

In the year 1940, the firm was split into three separate companies, each headed by one of the sons of Lala Fakir Chand, namelt Sh. Raghunath Das, Sh. Babu Ram and Sh. Manohar Lal.

Sh, Raghunath Das had one son Sh. Ramnath, who formed R.D.Ramnath &Co. Sh. Babu Ram's son Sh. Shyam Nath formed Ivory Palace in 1901 near Jama Masjid. Sh. Manohar Lal had four sons; Sh. Suraj Pershad, Sh.   Birkho Mai, Sh. Harnam Das and Sh. Niranjan Lal.

Sh. Suraj Prakash formed Ivory Mart in the year 1942 and the Indian Handicraft Emporium came into existence in 1966. The people of Ivory Mart were fondly known as Dibbi Wallas (Pill boxes ivory). Afterwards they were also referred to as Khilonewala and Ivory Merchants.

Ivory Mart was the pioneer in ivory carvings. Now, known as Ivory Mart Jewellers, it basically deals in all precious and semi-precious jewellery, ranging from  24kt Kundan Jewellery to Mughal Jewellery and from 22kt Gold Jewellery to precious Diamond Jewellery.